Friday, October 29, 2010

Rant 2: Schools

Don't get me wrong, I love school, it's a great, grand and wonderful experience. I love the interaction I get with human beings, and I love to learn. Just not what they teach. I want to learn things that will help me later on in life; sure I'll use math in my later life, just not the kind they teach. I will NEVER have to find the measure of the missing angle, and if I do, I'll use a protractor. Problem solved. I want to learn useful things that could get me a job somewhere; never will Walmart (not to say that I necessarily want to work there, it is just an example) give me a geometry test that if I don't pass I won't get the job. I want to learn all I can whilst I am still alive, but I want to learn things that matter...

2 comments:

  1. You sound a lot like me when I was your age. Funny. I hope you find your way and end up doing what you love. I know you will!

    ReplyDelete